DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Kite Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Although this kite won't actually fly, it
is a happy reminder of the times you and the kids did get to fly one.
Also check out the Kite
Days poem and coloring page for a complimentary project.
- a printer
- something to colour with (optional)
- some yarn, wool or string (optional)
- Print out both template pages.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change
of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or pastels).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require
- Glue template pieces together. You can
substitute real ribbons or tissue paper for the template bows.
- Cut a piece of yarn or string and attach to the
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Kite Craft Template #1 (color)
Kite Craft Template #2 (color)
Printable version of these instructions