more crafts: [Flowers] [Ice Cream] [Insects] [Sports] [Other]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids:
- a paper plate or a circle of cardboard (see the turkey wreath for how to make a circle of cardboard)
- Construction paper (yellow and orange)
- popsicle stick, tongue depressor or unsharpened pencil
- Print out the template or just
cut out triangles from construction paper (we folded the paper in quarters
and got 4 triangles per page.
- You can decorate the triangles with
markers or sparkles to make the craft a bit more complicated.
- Have an adult cut the center out
of the paper plate so the child's head becomes the center of the sunshine.
- Glue the triangles all the way around the edge - we glued all the orange ones first so the tips were just touching, then we glued the yellow ones so they overlapped the orange).
- Glue on a popsicle stick or
unsharpened pencil as a handle (you might want to add a bit of tape to
- Now the child can peek through the sunshine!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).