It would also be nice for a class or daycare to make for a spring or summer party. They could parade around like sunshines and sing songs/rhymes like "You are My Sunshine" or "Mr. Sun".
It's fun to do with the flower mask too.
- a paper plate or a circle of cardboard (see the turkey wreath for how to make a circle of cardboard)
- construction paper (yellow and orange)
- popsicle stick, tongue depressor or unsharpened pencil
- Print out the template or just cut out triangles from construction paper (we folded the paper in quarters and got 4 triangles per page.
- You can decorate the triangles with markers or sparkles to make the craft a bit more complicated.
- Have an adult cut the center out of the paper plate so the child's head becomes the center of the sunshine.
- Glue the triangles all the way around the edge - we glued all the orange ones first so the tips were just touching, then we glued the yellow ones so they overlapped the orange).
- Glue on a popsicle stick or unsharpened pencil as a handle (you might want to add a bit of tape to reinforce).
- Now the child can peek through the sunshine!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).