more crafts: [Flowers] [Ice Cream] [Insects] [Sports] [Other]
I think this simple little craft turned out very cute! Thanks to Sally, one of the viewers, for suggesting/requesting it.
The craft is simple enough for young kids to contribute but still fun for even mom to make (I like doing the tissue paper version but it's tough for preschoolers to make -- the templates are more appropriate for them).
|There are a number of variations on this craft depending on which
templates you print:
Tissue paper version
- something to colour with (for B&W version and to add grass, sun, etc).
- Tissue Paper Version only - you will also need:
- tissue paper in red and green (about 1/2 a standard sheet of green and 1/4 of red).
- Standard pencil with an eraser.
Instructions - Template Version:
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or pastels).
- Cut out the apples and leaves. This step may require adult assistance.
- We didn't cut out our trunk -- we just decorated the template page with the trunk on it.
- Glue the leaves onto the tree. I like using a glue stick for the template pieces.
- Glue the apples onto the tree. I like using a glue stick for the template pieces.
- Use crayons, paints or collage materials to further decorate the page (with green tissue paper for grass and white cotton balls for clouds works very nicely!).
Instructions - Tissue Paper Version:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).