more crafts: [Flowers] [Ice Cream] [Insects] [Sports] [Other]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
|There are a number of variations on this craft depending on which
templates you print:
Tissue paper version
- something to colour with (for B&W version and to add grass, sun, etc).
- Tissue Paper Version only - you will also need:
- tissue paper in red and green (about 1/2 a standard sheet of green and
1/4 of red).
- Standard pencil with an eraser.
- tissue paper in red and green (about 1/2 a standard sheet of green and 1/4 of red).
Instructions - Template Version:
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using different mediums
than you typically do, such as paints or pastels).
- Cut out the apples and leaves. This step may require adult assistance.
- We didn't cut out
our trunk -- we just decorated the template page with the trunk on it.
- Glue the leaves onto the tree. I like using a glue stick for the
- Glue the apples onto the tree. I like using a glue stick for the
- Use crayons, paints or collage materials to further decorate the page (with
green tissue paper for grass and white cotton balls for clouds works very nicely!).
Instructions - Tissue Paper Version:
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).