DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
American Boy Paper Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is easy for young children to make.
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
I usually let my youngest cut the large pieces (like the pants) and
I cut out the more complicated pieces (like the corn)
- Glue the pieces together:
- glue the legs onto the shirt
- glue the arms onto the body
- glue the basket onto the bottom of one arm
- glue the hands onto the end of the arms, with one overlapping the basket
- glue the head onto the body
- glue the hair onto the head
- glue the headband onto the hair
- glue the feathers behind the head.
- There is a small template (the craft has fewer and smaller pieces
and fits on one page). The general assembly works the same but
it's a bit quicker to color in and assemble. I always prefer the
full sized templates, but I know some people have limited refrigerator
space so would rather have a smaller version *grin*.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (color)
Template 2 (color)
Template 3 (color)
Template (smaller, one page, version)
Printable version of these instructions