DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Turkey Paper Crafts
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for fun",
letters practice, a Thanksgiving theme, a farm theme, a birds theme,
or an animals theme.
There are different types of turkeys you can make: Lower
Case Alphabet, Upper Case Alphabet, Spelling Words,
- something to colour with if using the B&W version,
- glue, and
- Print out the template of choice:
- If you're letting the children make up words, print three or
four copies of the alphabet page. You can print the B&W version
on different colors of paper to let the children make patterns and
- When doing words, you can spell anything you like (names, weekdays,
etc) but I particularly like doing "turkey themed" or "thanksgiving
themed" words (Thanksgiving, family, turkey, gobble, etc) after
learning about turkeys then putting them up on the bulletin board
to make your own themed word wall.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the alphabet tail pieces onto the turkey's tail.
- Optional: Instead of gluing the letters onto the turkey's
Glue on the back of the letter template pieces and let the children
lick and stick the pieces on.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (15 spaces)
Template (26 spaces)
Template (lower case)
Template (upper case)
Printable version of these instructions