This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're working on with your child. I have included a small version of the template as well as a large version that used multiple template pages.
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of circles and ovals to cut out -- good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the shapes.
- Separate the circles, ovals and triangles.
- Verbally instruct the children on how to assemble the shapes using the colors of the shapes. (ie: Take the orange triangle and glue it on the brown circle.).
- Show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles, ovals and triangles.
- Glue the small circle as a head on top of the larger body circle.
- Glue the circle eyes and red oval to the head.
- Glue the triangle beak slightly overlapping the oval.
- Glue the medium sized oval wings onto the sides of the body.
- Glue the triangle feet onto the bottom of the body.
- Glue the large colorful oval feathers onto the back of the body.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Large Turkey Template pages: