more crafts: [Natives] [Pilgrims] [Turkeys] [Other Thanksgiving Crafts] [Other Autumn Crafts]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint and Footprint Turkey Craft
view a larger photo of the craft made with construction paper
and sparkle glue. We used Mommy, Tasha and Kaitlyn's handprints
and Daddy's foot! Close the window when done viewing the photo
to return to this screen.
- a printer,
- paper ,
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Trace around child's foot (or for a bigger turkey,
around an adult's foot). Brown construction paper or a brown paper
bag work well. The foot will serve as the turkey's body.
- Trace around child's hands multiple times on
different colours of construction paper (gift wrap works too).
- The trick to the turkey is that more hand
prints make it better!
- Optional: You can decorate the handprints
with squiggly marker lines, glitter glue pens, sequins or real feathers.
- An Alternative: You can combine the
hands of the whole family or classroom to make one big turkey!.
- The trick to the turkey is that more hand prints make it better!
- Glue the handprints onto the body in layers to make the tail feathers (see picture above).
- Glue the face and feet from the printable template
to the body to finish.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).