DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint Turkey with Poem
Materials you will need are a printer, paper , scissors, glue, and something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice (the template is a Thanksgiving poem
the girl's brought home from daycare. I'm sure some of you have likely seen it
before... it was so sweet, I couldn't resist putting it on the site).
- Trace around child's hand at the bottom of the paper. This will
be the Turkey's tail.
- Colour or paint hand print.
- Draw 2 small eyes, a triangle beak and a gobbler to complete
- you can cut a peanut shape out of paper for the body, glue it to the
center of the handprint and draw the face on that if you like.
- see picture above for how it should end up looking.
For those of you who don't want the template... here's the poem
This isn't just a turkey as you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of love especially to say,
I hope you have a very, Happy Thanksgiving Day!
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions