DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Learning Colors: Valentine's Day Chocolate Boxes Paper Crafts
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for fun", colors
practice, or a Valentine's Day theme.
I love to print template 2 in black and white and then let the
children color in each "chocolate" with crayons according to the words
on the template. For younger children, you can work with them,
pointing to the word and reading it out loud with them -- then helping
them select the matching color from their pile of crayons!
- something to colour with if using the B&W version,
- glue, and
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the chocolates into the chocolate box.
- Optional: Instead of gluing the colors onto the box, put
on the back of the color template pieces and let the children lick and stick
the pieces on.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (chocolate box)
Printable version of these instructions