This adorable valentine's themed craft is a great way for children to practice their scissor skills. This cute little lamb uses a paper plate and heart shapes to make a fun craft for preschoolers!
Tip: You can cover the bottom of the paper plate in cotton balls to give the lamb a soft and furry look. The template pieces can then be glued on top of the wooly surface.
Tip 2: Include a sweet message on the back of the plate, like "For my warm and snuggly friend!".
- white paper plate,
- something to color with, if you chose the B&W template
- Print out the template of choice. You need both templates to make one lamb.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces. (You can use the finished image in the bottom right of the first template to figure out which pieces belong where on the paper plate).
- Glue the pieces on the paper plate:
Glue the heart shaped mouth of the lamb onto the paper plate, near the bottom.
Glue the heart shaped nose onto the mouth, just above the line.
Glue the eyes above the nose and mouth.
Glue the ears onto either side of the paper plate. The points of the heart should be facing out.
Glue the three wool-y hearts onto the paper plate, between the two ears.
The bow can either be glued onto the bottom of the paper plate like a bowtie, or it can be glued onto the top of the paper plate between the two ears.
Option for mass-producing - young children: Print out the B&W template. Trace the pieces onto stiff cardboard (back of paper pads works well) or margarine/ice cream container lids. Cut out to make permanent templates. Allow the children to trace these permanent templates onto different colors of construction paper and then glue their special pieces onto the paper plate.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).