more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Heart Bunny Paper Craft
Read a bit about DLTK's Grow With Me Craft Concept to get some ideas on how this basic craft idea can be used with different materials to make it appropriate for everyone from ages 2 thru 82!
Tip 1: Include the message "Some-bunny loves you!"
Tip 2: Glue the heart bunny paper craft to the front of a folded over piece of construction paper or a doily to make a cute Valentine's Day card.
Tip 3: Purchase fancy paper from the scrapbooking store and print the B&W version onto this for an extra fancy Heart Animal.
Tip 4: Scotch tape a straw or popsicle stick to the bottom to make a rabbit puppet.
Tip 5: Glue a small piece of sandpaper on the back to make a felt board character
Tip 6: Cut construction paper into 4 inch wide strips as
long as you can make them. Tape two together to make even longer. Measure
around child's head to make a construction paper 'crown'. Glue Heart Animal
to front of the crown to make a Valentine's Day hat.
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces. (The pieces on the template are at about the angle they will be on the finished craft. That should help you sort out which pieces belong where).
- Glue pieces together:
- Glue large upside down heart so it overlaps medium upside down heart to form the body
- Glue small heart onto the medium upside down heart to form the tail.
- Add the second large upside down heart (the one with the eyes on it) so it overlaps the body to form the head.
- Add the last large heart (the right side up one) so it overlaps the head to form the rabbit ears.
- Add the small pink heart (right side up) to form the nose and add the small square piece to form the teeth.
Option for mass-producing - young children: Print out the B&W template. Trace the pieces onto stiff cardboard (back of paper pads works well) or margarine/ice cream container lids. Cut out to make permanent templates. Allow the children to trace these permanent templates onto different colors of construction paper to make their animal
Option for mass-producing - older children: Omit the
templates. Let the children cut out heart shapes in various sizes from colored
construction paper (show them how to fold paper in half and then cut to make a perfectly
symmetrical heart). Let the children create their own animals by putting together
hearts of different sizes (you can pre-make a few example animals to give them some
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).