more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Candy Teddy Bear Paper Craft
This is a simple three dimensional teddy bear paper craft that will hold a piece of candy standing up on a table or flattened slightly on a card.
You can use cardstock or a heavier paper to make
the body (just trace the template) but, in my opinion, regular
paper or construction paper works best for the head and tummy.
I find cardstock can be too inflexible for three dimensional
crafts. If you do make the body from cardstock, a glue gun
would be a sturdier choice than school glue for making the cone
- school glue and/or tape
- pixie stick, sucker or lollipop
Directions - three dimensional craft:
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Color the teddy bear pieces (if using the black and white version).
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Where the paws join, there are two thin lines to snip -- this
step may require adult assistance. This will be where you
thread the candy through. The template pieces have a large
enough snip for a lollipop, sucker or pixie stick. If you're
using something larger (a stick of gum or whatnot), you may need to
snip a bit more.
- Roll the body (don't fold) and tape or glue along the back seam.
- Glue the ears onto the head.
- Glue the head onto the body.
- Glue the bear's tummy onto the body.
- Optional: If your candy is heavy (like the lollipop), roll
the tab on the back of the body and tape or glue. Slide a
small chocolate bar, roll of mints or rock into this tab to provide
a counterweight (so your bunny doesn't tip over). Otherwise,
just cut off this tab.
- When your project is all dry, slide your pixie stick or sucker
Directions - Card:
If you'd like to turn this into a slightly 3D card instead of a standing craft, follow these directions:
- Make the craft as indicated above, but cut off the tab
at the back (the one you use as a counterweight in the
- Take a sheet of construction paper and lay it on the
- Lay the animal on its back on the construction paper.
- Fold down the animal's feet and arms so they are creased
(folded) but don't glue them down. This allows them to
flop around a bit and stay looking 3D.
- Decorate the rest of your card as you like with construction paper hearts, stickers and/or a Valentine's Day message like "I'm beary glad you're my friend!"
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).