This is a simple butterfly paper craft that uses a lollipop as the head and body.
You can use cardstock or a heavier paper to make the petals (just trace the template) but, in my opinion, construction paper works best for children. I find cardstock is too difficult for young kids to cut out and scrapbooking paper is expensive.
- paper (construction paper is my favourite for this project)
- scotch tape and glue
- lollipop (we used tootsie roll brand)
Directions - three dimensional craft:
- Print out the template of choice or cut these out freehand (they're very easy -- if you can cut out construction paper hearts, you don't need a template).
- Cut out 2 similarly sized hearts from red paper and 4 decorative
smaller hearts from white paper
- You can use the template pieces.
- Glue or tape the two big hearts together (overlapping) to make the butterfly wings.
- Add some decorative hearts to the wings, doing your best to make both sides look the same.
- Tape the wings to the lollipop or cut two slits in the center of the wings and thread the lollipop stick through.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).