DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Lollipop Butterfly Paper Craft
This is a simple butterfly paper craft that uses a lollipop as the head and body.
You can use cardstock or a heavier paper to make the petals (just trace the template) but, in my opinion, construction paper works best
for children. I find cardstock is too difficult for young kids to cut out and scrapbooking paper is expensive.
- paper (construction paper is my favourite for this project)
- scotch tape and glue
- lollipop (we used tootsie roll brand)
Directions - three dimensional craft:
- Print out the template of choice or cut these out freehand
(they're very easy -- if you can cut out construction paper hearts,
you don't need a template).
- Cut out 2 similarly sized hearts from red paper and 4 decorative
smaller hearts from white paper
- You can use the template pieces.
- Glue or tape the two big hearts together
(overlapping) to make the butterfly wings.
- Add some decorative hearts to the wings, doing your best to make
both sides look the same.
- Tape the wings to the lollipop or cut two slits in the
center of the wings and thread the lollipop stick through.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Candy Butterfly Template
Printable version of these instructions