more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Lollipop Dragonfly Paper Craft
This is a simple dragonfly paper craft that uses a lollipop as the head and body.
You can use cardstock or a heavier paper to make the petals (just trace the template) but, in my opinion, construction paper works best for children.
I find cardstock is too difficult for young kids to cut out and scrapbooking paper is expensive.
- paper (construction paper is my favourite for this project)
- scotch tape and glue
- lollipop (we used
tootsie roll brand)
Directions - three dimensional craft:
- Print out the craft template of choice or cut these out freehand
(they're very easy -- if you can cut out construction paper hearts,
you don't need a template).
- Cut out 12 similarly sized hearts from different coloured paper.
We used red and white construction paper.
- You can use the template pieces.
- Glue or tape three hearts together (overlapping) to
make a long dragonfly wing.
- Repeat until you have 4 wings.
- Tape the wings, two per side, slightly angled on either
side of the body.
- Cut out a small heart and glue it on where all of the
wings connect (to cover the pieces of tape and tidy up that
area of the craft).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).