more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
Young children can easily make this Valentine's Day cupid cut and paste craft, but even pre-teens through adults will enjoy creating this cute doorknob hanger symbol of love.
In Roman mythology, Cupid was the son of Venus, the goddess of Love (in Greek mythology he was called Eros). Cupid is usually shown holding the bow he uses to shoot people to make them fall in love -- in this craft he's holding a Valentine's Day heart instead.
There's also a small hanger template for those who prefer a quicker craft -- this won't fit around a doorknob, but can hang on a drawer knob, closet knob, pushpin or the refrigerator.
- Glue or scotch tape,
- something to color with (if making the B&W paper version).
Instructions - paper version:
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice and color if necessary.
- Cut out the craft pieces.
- Glue the doorknob hanger together as follows:
- Glue the arms on either side of the large body shape.
- Glue the large heart on top of or between the hands.
- Glue the face onto the body.
- Glue the shoes onto the body.
- Glue the belt onto the body.
- Glue the belt buckle heart onto the belt.
- Glue the wings onto the back of the body.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Full sized Doorknob Hanger