more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Dog Box for Valentine's Cards
You can replicate the Puppy Valentine Card Collector craft using craft foam by tracing the template pieces onto foam and drawing on a few of the details.
The dog box turns out really cute just with paper though and is much less expensive
-- the directions assume you'll be doing it just with paper.
- small empty box (we use kleenex boxes and shoe boxes)
- construction paper
- Optional: thin cardboard (empty cereal boxes
- Optional: large wiggly eyes
- Print out the template of choice and color them as appropriate.
- NOTE: You can omit printing the third template and just
cut a construction paper heart.
- NOTE: You can omit printing the third template and just cut a construction paper heart.
- Wrap the empty box up with construction paper (or gift wrap) in
an appropriate color (black, white, pink and red would all work).
- Cut a slit in the top of the box large enough to fit Valentine's Day cards in the top.
- NOTE: You could also just cut the entire top off the box
or use a no-top box like a shoe box.
- NOTE: You could also just cut the entire top off the box or use a no-top box like a shoe box.
- Optional: Glue the templates to pieces of thin cardboard and let dry.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Print the child's name on the large heart (template 3).
- Glue pieces together:
- Head shape (large oval on Template 1) should go on shoulders
- Glue the ears (Template 2) onto the head.
- Glue the eyes onto the face.
- Glue the red heart nose onto the face.
- Glue the bow as a bowtie below the face or as a hair bow to
one of the ears.
- Glue the whole body onto the back of the box, facing over the
top (so it looks like he's sitting behind the box, holding it...
see picture at the top of this page if you don't understand).
- Glue the large heart (template 3) onto the front of the box.
- Glue the paws to the front of the box, overlapping the heart
- Head shape (large oval on Template 1) should go on shoulders (Template 2).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).