This is an easy color, cut and paste paper craft that folds from a heart shape into a cute little envelope. It's a simple, but terrific way to share your Valentine's Day messages. Young children find it quite magical that the square unfolds into a heart shape.
- something to print a message with,
- Optional: Stickers or small paper heart plus stamp glue.
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Cut out the heart.
- Fold so the decorative side is on the outside, using the dotted lines on the template as a guide:
- Fold the lumps on the top down first. Crease well (slide your finger over the fold so it makes a nice, crisp crease).
- Fold the edges of the heart in towards the middle. Crease well.
- Fold the point of the heart up to complete a little square envelope. Crease well.
- Write a Valentine's Day message on the plain side of the heart within the square created by the fold lines.
- Refold (it will be easy this time because of all the creases).
- Seal with a Valentine's Day sticker or a small cut out paper heart and glue or stamp glue.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).