Although not a Toilet Paper Roll Craft, this was one of my eldest daughter's
favorite on Valentine's day when she was 4. She worked on her crafting
independence by cutting out the pieces and gluing them on by herself.
She still enjoyed an audience though! A bow in the hair and some pink
lipstick (er, printable of course) quickly turn Mr. Valentine into Mrs.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue face pieces of your choice onto the large heart.
- Glue on arms and legs.
- Glue bow under "chin" or in "hair".
- Draw on a little nose.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sequin or pompom for nose.
- Glue on popsicle stick to make a puppet (if you don't have one,
temporarily tape on a pencil.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on white paper
and colour in the pieces with crayon, marker, paint, etc.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on pink or red
coloured construction paper.
- For the colour printer, we still liked making the body out of red
construction paper... it saves a bit of ink!
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions