more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
Read a bit about DLTK's Grow With Me Craft Concept to get some ideas on how this basic craft idea can be used with different materials to make it appropriate for everyone from ages 2 thru 82!
Tip 1: Glue the heart monkey paper craft to the front of a folded over piece of construction paper or a doily to make a cute Valentine's Day card.
Tip 2: Purchase fancy paper from the scrapbooking store and print the B&W version onto this for an extra fancy Heart Animal.
Tip 3: Scotch tape a straw or popsicle stick to the bottom to make a monkey puppet
Tip 4: Glue a small piece of sandpaper on the back to make a felt board monkey character.
Tip 5: Cut construction paper into 4 inch wide strips as long as you can make them. Tape two together to make even longer. Measure around child's head to make a construction paper 'crown'. Glue Heart Animal to front of the crown to make a Valentine's Day hat.
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice. As an option, you can print the black and white version on colored paper.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue pieces together:
Glue the small circle (mouth) onto the large circle (head).
Glue the medium heart (chin) onto the head.
Glue the smallest heart (nose) onto the head.
Glue the two circles with hearts (ears) onto the sides of the head.
Glue the head onto the large oval (body).
Glue the large heart (chest) onto the body.
Glue the arms and legs (second template) onto the monkey.
Complete the monkey by adding the tail.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).