DLTK's Crafts for Kids
"Bee My Valentine" Muffin Flower Card
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
These are simple and fun crafts for even the youngest children to do.
The center of the flower can be further decorated with red sequins,
small seeds or a photo. We glued a small photo of Tasha
(Kaitlyn made the card for her) into the center of the flower.
- a printer (or draw your own bumblebee, stem and leaves),
- a piece of paper,
- two muffin cups (the paper cups you make muffins or cupcakes in) - we used one small and one large, but you could use two of the same size,
- something the color with (paint, crayons, markers, etc).
- Colour the two muffin cups various valentine's colours (they will
be the flower head). Pink, red, white and mauve are all good choices.
- We painted the bottom cup red and left the top cup white.
- This step should be first, especially if using paint, so it
has a chance to dry while you're doing the other steps.
- Set aside to dry.
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces and colour if necessary.
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half to make a card.
- Glue the leaves and the stem onto the front of the card.
- Glue the two muffin cups onto the top of the stem (one on top of
the other) to form the flower.
- Flatten out the bottom cup a bit more than the top cup so you
can see the petals.
- you can use more than two cups if you want... The more cups
you use, the more petals your flower will have.
- Glue the bumblebee near the flower.
- Print "Bee My Valentine!" on the card.
- You can decorate the card further by colouring in grass. Alternatively,
you can use balled up pieces of green tissue paper as grass.
- Optional: Glue a photo into the center of the flower.
- Fill the inside of your card with hand drawn pictures, a photo,
stickers or a message to the person you're giving your card to.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions