more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Valentine's Day Spiral Mobile
This project includes heart templates to hang from the spiral mobile. Alternatively, you could hang Valentine's cards you've received, small pictures you've drawn or hearts you've cut from construction paper.
If you glue the spiral template onto a thin piece of cardboard (old cereal boxes work well) or use a paper plate, it will stretch a bit less than ours did.
We used strings that were each about 6 inches
long. If I did it again, I'd cut them in half (3 inches
- string, wool or ribbon
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice. As an option, you can print the black and white version on colored paper.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces.
Cut the spiral out of the circle template.
- You could cut a spiral out from a paper plate or a circle
of construction paper you trace using a dinner plate.
- Attach a piece of string to the center of the circle
to hang the spiral from the ceiling. (I put a small dot
on the template as a guide, but you can position it yourself
if using a paper plate).
Cut out one of the heart couples, fold them in half
and glue together (so the pattern is on both sides).
- Cut up (or down) the solid line once the glue is dry.
- Repeat with all of the pieces.
- Pick out a heart that's cut from the top and one that's cut from the bottom.
- Slide the hearts together, top to bottom.
- Attach a string to each 3D heart.
- Attach the other end of the string to the spiral circle (I put small dots on the template as a guide, but you can
position them yourself if using a paper plate).
- Repeat for all 6 3D hearts.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting
the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER
SETUP in most browsers).