DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Heart Fingerpainting Craft
Thanks to Jenna for sending this idea in!
Even the youngest crafters can make this project. It's
great for the children in the baby room or toddler room in a daycare
to make and hang from the ceiling.
- finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in Valentine's colors,
- cotton balls or shredded newspaper.
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon.
- Print two copies of the template (or just draw your hearts freehand
but make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the hearts with finger paints or a brush
and tempra paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the hearts (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the hearts, leaving an opening
at the top.
- Stuff hearts with shredded paper or cotton balls (kids age 3+ love to help with
- Finish stapling the heart closed.
- Staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions