more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Folded Heart Mouse Paper Craft
A big thanks to Nina for sending in this craft... She even went to all the work of drawing the picture instructions for us!
Since this craft requires the hearts to be folded, this is the perfect craft for the children to practice cutting out hearts on.
To make a heart, hold a piece of construction paper in half and cut out a half heart shape. Unfold and you have a heart. Younger children (kindergarten and early grade school) find this really cool!
- Cut a large heart ( mouse body) red or pink construction paper or color or paint.
Note: The size of the heart can be large for a finger puppet or small enough so that it can be used as a card and then a matching envelope can be made for it from one of your Valentine's envelopes in the printable card Activities.
- Cut 2 smaller hearts for ears (red or pink).
- Cut 2 smaller hearts to fit and glue on top of the heart ears mentioned
above (contrast color - red/pink or pink/red or white).
- Any material for a tail black, brown, red (string yarn ribbon).
- wiggly eyes and a round nose (these can be drawn in also)
Same procedure as your craft, fold the heart from center point.
- For ears you you fold hearts the same way as for the body, but making
sure the two heart color portions show. Draw in eyes or stick
wiggly eyes and whiskers made out of paper of string/yarn.
- You can write a Valentine's message on the body too!