This is a simple winter themed craft that children can make using a paper plate and their cut and paste skills. This cute little snowman is an excellent decoration and is also a cute craft for the character Frosty the Snowman!
- a paper plate,
- a printer,
- a piece of paper... .
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with some of the harder pieces (the holly for the hat).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a Frosty the Snowman face:
- Glue the hat at the top of the plate.
- Glue the holly onto the hat.
- Glue the eyes near the top of the paper plate, underneath the hat (or cut out holes for eyes in a mask).
- Glue the carrot nosejust below the eyes, sticking out to one side.
- Glue the small circles below the carrot nose in a smiling shape to make a mouth.
- Optional: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to attach a thin strip of wood, a tongue depressor or a paint stir stick (often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 -- we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring the tools *grin*).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).