Other Winter Crafts: [Penguins] [Snowflakes] [Snowmen] [Wreaths] [Other Winter]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Snowman Bottle Craft
Contributed by a viewer. Thanks Charlene!
"Here are some pictures of snowmen that I created for our preschoolers
at Sunday School to make this year. This is so easy that even three year olds could do it without trouble."
- creamer bottles (You know, the flavorful ones found in the refrigerator Activities)
- googly eyes
- black beads for mouth
- colored toothpick for nose - cut in about 1 " length
- glittery pompoms for top of hat
- black pompoms for front of snowman
- yarn or something to make a "scarf"
- Small twigs for arms/hands - about 5 inches in length and in a Y form
- Tacky glue works best for this project.
- Remove the plastic wrapper from the creamer bottle and put about a cup of sand in the bottle.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
- Glue on black beads for the mouth.
- Poke holes for nose and arms with ice pick (it is much easier to insert them).
- Insert the colored toothpick for nose.
- Glue on glittery pompoms for top of hat.
- Glue on black pompoms for the front of the snowman.
- For the scarf, wrap yarn around a piece of cardboard - about three times.
Use another piece of yarn to tie the ends together. Then wrap it around the neck of the snowman and
- Insert small twigs for arms/hands.