A finger and a bit of paint are all you need to make these super-cute penguins. It looks great as a gift tag or you can make them all over a large sheet of paper to make your own gift wrap.
- black finger paint
- white finger paint
- orange finger paint or marker
- scrap of cardboard or old margarine container lid (something to act as a pallet)
- toothpick or small paint brush,
- paper or card stock in a winter color (other than white or black) -- I like blue!
- Squeeze a bit of black finger paint onto a margarine container lid .
- Squeeze a bit of white finger paint onto the lid, spaced away from the black paint (or use a second lid).
- Stamp the pad of your thumb into the white paint.
- Make one large thumbprint "tummy" on the paper.
- Stamp the pad of your index finger into the black paint.
- Make black fingerprint wings on either side of the tummy.
- Stamp the tip of your index finger or pinkie finger into the black paint.
- Make a black fingertip head on top of the penguin.
- Use a toothpick or paintbrush to make two white eye dots on the head.
- Set aside to dry.
- Use orange marker or paint to add a beak and feet.