DLTK's Crafts for Kids
© by Leanne Guenther
A finger and a bit of paint are all you need to make these super-cute
penguins. It looks great as a gift tag or you can make them
all over a large sheet of paper to make your own gift wrap.
- black finger paint
- white finger paint
- orange finger paint or marker
- scrap of cardboard or old margarine container lid (something
to act as a pallet)
- toothpick or small paint brush.
- paper or card stock in a winter color (other than white
or black) -- I like blue!
- Squeeze a bit of black finger paint onto a margarine container lid
- Squeeze a bit of white finger paint onto the lid, spaced away from
the black paint (or use a second lid).
- stamp the pad of your thumb into the white paint.
- make one large thumbprint "tummy" on the paper.
- stamp the pad of your index finger into the black paint.
- make black fingerprint wings on either side of the tummy.
- stamp the tip of your index finger or pinkie finger into the black
- make a black fingertip head on top of the penguin.
- Use a toothpick or paintbrush to make two white eye dots on the
- Set aside to dry.
- Use orange marker or paint to add a beak and feet.
Printable version of these instructions