Other Winter Crafts: [Penguins] [Snowflakes] [Snowmen] [Wreaths] [Other Winter]
If you choose to use white icing or frosting instead of white glue the craft can become a snack for later. We decided to use glue and just snack on the marshmallows before we used them.
Kaitlyn giggled that if we used frosting, daddy would end up eating the igloo three years after we made it -- she figured it was best to call the completed project "inedible" just to be on the safe side!
- styrofoam tray,
- styrofoam cup,
- mini marshmallows,
- Optional: white icing or frosting instead of glue
- Cut the top half to one inch off the top of the cup. (A grown up may want to do this in preparation for the activity).
- Turn the cup upside down and glue it to the styrofoam tray.
- Glue marshmallows around the base of the styrofoam cup.
- Glue more rows of marshmallows around the cup until it is covered.
- Stack a few marshmallows to the side of the cup to make the door to the igloo.