DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Lacing projects are a great craft for preschoolers and kindergarten
children to complete during any holiday. The lacing gives
them fine motor skill practice and practice tying knots and bows
- Wool or ribbon,
- single hole punch,
- card stock, poster board or construction paper
- ADULT: print template of choice or make your own.
- ADULT: Trace onto a thick piece of cardboard (cardboard backs
from paper pads or old boxes work well).
- ADULT: Cut out this template.
- Allow the children to trace the template onto a piece of card stock
or poster board (or construction paper... Though I prefer the thicker
card stock for lacing projects).
OR have an adult do this
prior to craft time.
- Allow the children to cut out their card stock shapes
an adult do this prior to craft time.
- Allow the children to make holes around their shape (about an inch
or two apart)
OR have an adult do this prior to craft time.
- Provide the children with a length of wool or ribbon.
- You can wrap some scotch tape around the end of the wool to
make it more like a shoe lace.
- Have the child thread the wool through the holes.
- Practice tying knots and/or bows to tie off in the center.
- Let the children use glitter to further decorate their completed
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Specific Instructions PLUS Templates:
|Snowflake: lace with a running
stitch up each 'arm' of the snowflake. Tie a bow in the
center. Blue, white or silver wool or ribbon would be
Printable version of these instructions