Other Winter Crafts: [Penguins] [Snowflakes] [Snowmen] [Wreaths] [Other Winter]
You can hang up just one paper lantern or make a bunch and string them up to decorate the house or classroom.
- something to color with,
- Optional: wool, string or ribbon (red or white would be best).
- Print out the template of choice and color the B&W template if that's the one you picked.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Set aside the handle piece, for now, but don't lose it!
- Fold the lantern down the center (there's a faint line on the template to give you guidance) and crease firmly
- Use the scissors to snip the dotted lines (there are 5). Make sure you don't snip all the way through. Stop snipping at the top and bottom borders .
- Unfold the paper and use the tab to glue the edges together forming a tube shaped lantern.
- Glue the handle on either side of the lantern.
- Optional: string a number of paper lanterns in a row and hang them to decorate.
- Optional: use the blank template to decorate your own winter themed lantern.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (blank): B&W