Other Winter Crafts: [Penguins] [Snowflakes] [Snowmen] [Wreaths] [Other Winter]
This craft is suitable for households that don't celebrate Christmas (and for those that do!). A good story to read while making this craft is "The Three Little Kittens Who Lost Their Mittens". (close 3 kittens story when done reading to return to this screen)
- a printer,
- a piece of paper... .
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- fun foam.
- something hard as a base (a margarine container lid or cardboard from a cereal box work well).
- sparkle glue or sparkles.
- ribbon, string or wool.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- There is a left and right mitten, decoration (piece with hearts and snowflake) and cuff (striped piece).
- You can colour the decorations with sparkle glue or sparkles if desired.
- If you want, you can trace the left and right mitten template pieces onto a piece of fun foam to make a more permanent craft. Or you can glue the mitten template pieces to a hard base (cardboard).
- Glue the left decoration and right decoration onto the left mitten and right mitten respectively.
- Glue the left cuff and right cuff onto the left mitten and right mitten respectively.
- At this point, you can either:
- Attach one end of a string, ribbon or wool to each mitten so you can hang on the Christmas tree (either by poking a hole in the base and threading the string through or by attaching well with tape). It looks like the mittens little kids wear so they don't lose them.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).