DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Winter Wreath
© by Leanne Guenther
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten
children. Don't worry if the shapes aren't cut out perfectly.
They have circles around each piece to make them simpler for younger
children to cut out.
- something to color with
- a paper plate
Alternatives: instead of using the template and
scissors, you can use a shaped scrapbooking punch to make winter
shapes like snowflakes, mittens or snowmen.
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape.
This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies
of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be --
we used two templates for the one in the photo.
- Color the snowflakes or winter clothes (if using the B&W version)
-- or you can print the B&W version on colored paper.
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile --
you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of
- Glue your paper snowflakes or winter clothes to completely cover
your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow from ribbon and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child
cut out and color one or two shapes, possibly print their initials on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Winter Clothes Template
Printable version of these instructions