crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Christmas crackers are an old British Christmas tradition, that's still fun today.
Quite a few viewers have requested this sort of idea... Amelia sent in some directions which finally spurred me on to add it to the site (I have so many things in my head and on my to do list that I sometimes need someone to hold my hand *grin*)
Here's what Amelia had to say:
One very easy craft my son brings home every year from preschool is a
- a toilet paper (TP) roll,
- crepe paper, tissue paper or gift wrap
- stickers, pictures from old christmas wrap, drawings, etc for decoration
- small candies, confetti, etc
- Cut a piece of crepe paper 3 to 5 inches longer than the tp roll
(it should be about a 10" x 10" square).
- Wrap around the roll with an even amount hanging over either end.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around one end to hold closed.
- fill with candy or small toys and confetti (the children can make
their own confetti by hole punching different colored paper and gift
- Tie another piece of ribbon around the other end.
- Decorate with stickers, pictures from old Christmas wrap or the
child's own drawings.
- The kids can each grab an end and pull their Christmas crackers
to get their treats.
- It goes without saying that they are much cheaper than the ones you buy in the store and I think just as much fun for the kids.