This christmas tree is a cute and decorative craft. Using a paper plate and their creativity children can create their own christmas tree. Children can use all sorts of materials to decorate their tree from glitter to paint. This Christmas tree craft also provides a good opportunity for children to practice their scissor skills by cutting out the ornaments and star.
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons, pastels, paint, glitter, or whatever you might like to use to colour in the template,
- paper plate,
- green paint and paintbrush,
- Paint the bottom of a paper plate green and let it dry completely.
- Cut the paper plate into three equal sections.
- Glue the triangles together to make a christmas tree shape.
- Print out the template.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the ornaments around the tree.
- Glue the star at the top of the tree.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Alternate Decorating Ideas:
- Copy template onto Fun Foam or Felt for more permanent ornaments.
- Poke a hole in the top to make a christmas tree ornament or hang somewhere for a christmas decoration.
- Cut out wallet sized picture of child and paste in center of tree. This is a fun idea if you are planning to give the craft as a gift to friends and family. You can put clear contact paper/mactac over top and bottom to make it sturdier. If you used fun foam or felt you don't need to.
- Colour in the tree decorations (star, diamonds and circles) with glitter glue or sparkles).