crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Paper Strip Christmas Tree
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that lets young children practice sorting from longest to shortest.
Arrange the strips from the longest at the bottom to the shortest on top to make a Christmas Tree!
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Optional: patterned scrapbooking paper or construction paper
- Print out the template of choice or (optional) instead of using the template you cut out your own different lengths of paper from scrapbooking paper or construction paper.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces. This is a good scissor skills practice craft for young children because the pieces are easy to cut out.
- Before you start the craft, you can sort your pieces from longest to shortest.
- On a second piece of paper or construction paper, glue the trunk (small square piece) onto the bottom of the page.
- Above the trunk, glue the longest rectangular strip. Then glue the pieces on top of each other from longest to shortest.
- At the very top, glue on the star.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).