Print these "home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion or for a great Christmas gift.
To add that extra bit of motivation, print out a bookmark for your child, your friend or yourself as a reward for reading a certain number of stories.
If you're looking for more Sunday School applicable bookmarks, check out the Bible Bookmarks
Even if you have a colour printer, you may prefer the black and white version which the kids can colour in themselves..
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- clear contact paper
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half (left to right) along the center line.
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- Optional: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts longer (you could also put a piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier bookmark).
- Optional: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a string/wool through as a tassel. To make a tassel:
example of a bookmark
with a tassel
- wrap wool loosely around 4 fingers 10 to 20 times.
- tightly tie a long piece of wool around the bottom of the circle of wool.
- Trim the top end of the loop.
- put the end of the long piece through the hole in the top of the bookmark so the tassel dangles as much as you like.
- Tie the long piece on and trim the end.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).