DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Tri Bead Wreath
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is another fairly traditional preschool thru early grade school
craft. I recently completed it with my Grade 3 daughter and she
loved it too! (My Kindergarten daughter finished the one in the
photo mostly unassisted -- the only help I gave was forming it into a
circle at the end.)
The patterning is great practice and makes a cute Christmas Tree decoration.
- 16 tri beads in 3 different colors (red, green and white) for a total of 48 beads
- 1 pipe cleaner in green, red, white or silver
- ADULT: place a spare bead or button at the end of the pipecleaner
and loop it around once to hold it (this just holds the beads on as the
children make the craft).
- Thread the beads onto the pipecleaner in a pattern.
- ADULT: remove the holder bead. Twist the pipecleaner into a
circle. Tie the ends of the pipecleaner into a bow shape. You
can put a dab of tacky glue on to hold if you want (we didn't bother as it holds together on its own quite nicely).
Printable version of these instructions