crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
A finger and a bit of paint are all you need to make this super-cute holly. It looks great as a gift tag or put a bunch together to make a wreath!
L. Kendall wrote: "I love the new fingerprint holly wreath idea. In fact I tried it with some older preschoolers today. I think you should mention that this would work great with a little bit older kids (like Kinder. And first graders) Even with me helping each child complete this project it was a little difficult for them to get it done. Still love this idea!!!! They did turn out very cute!!"
- red finger paint
- green finger paint
- scrap of cardboard or old margarine container lid (something to act as a pallet),
- paper or card stock.
- Squeeze a bit of red finger paint onto a margarine container lid.
- Squeeze a bit of green finger paint onto the lid, spaced away from the red paint (or use a second lid).
- stamp the pad of your index finger into the green paint.
- Use your finger to make 2 holly leaves at angles to each other.
- stamp the tip of your pinkie finger into the green paint.
- Use your pinkie finger to stamp a red berry beside where the holly leaves are closest.
- You can make a single holly or continue making holly in a circle to form a wreath.