The wisement are simple cut and paste paper crafts that are easy for young children to make.
The wisemen paper crafts make a very nice wall hanging decoration for Christmas time.
They also make a nice centerpiece for a Sunday School bulletin board with children's Christmas poems -- there is a "gift with a bow" template (see the bottom of this page) for children to print a short Christmas poem or story about what they might have brought baby Jesus as a gift.
For a three-dimensional version of these wisemen try our Three Wisemen TP Roll crafts.
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Print out the template of choice.
- There are three different magi (wisemen) you can make -- do one or all three!
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces. Young children can work on the easier pieces like the body and the feet while an adult or older sibling helps with the harder pieces like the head and arms.
- To glue together:
- Glue the feet to the bottom of the body.
- Glue the arms on either side of the body, towards the top.
- Glue the head to the top of the body -- it may overlap the arms a little bit -- that's ok.
- Glue the crown to the top of the head.
- Glue the gift into the hands.
- NOTE: the pieces for all of the crafts are the same size so if you want to mix and match you can (crowns on different heads, green arms on the red body, etc.)
- Optional: On a square of paper, have the children write a little poem, sentence or story about what gift they would bring the baby Jesus -- add a paper bow to the top to make a gift.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).