DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is easy for young children to make.
The shepherd paper craft makes a very nice wall hanging decoration for Christmas time.
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate).
- Cut out the template pieces. Young children can work on the easier pieces like the body and the hat while an adult or older sibling helps with the harder pieces like the crook and
- To glue together:
- Glue the feet to the bottom of the body.
- Glue the belt across the body.
- Glue the pouch onto the belt.
- Glue the lamb's body so that it slightly overlaps the shepherd's body.
- Glue the lamb's head onto the lamb's body.
- Glue the arms on either side of the body, towards the top. One of the arms should be extended to hold the shepherd's crook (cane). The other arm can slightly overlap the lamb so
that it looks like the shepherd is petting him.
- Glue the head to the top of the body -- it may overlap the arms a little bit -- that's ok.
- Glue the hat to the top of the head.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions