DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Elf Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
The large paper craft makes a very nice wall hanging decoration for Christmas time. It also makes a nice centerpiece for a classroom
bulletin board with children's Christmas poems or artwork hung around it.
If doing a Christmas poem with this paper craft, you can make an ELF acrostic poem on a 4" square of paper (I love acrostic poems!)
and have the elf hold it in his hands.
You can attach the arms and legs with brass tacks
("brads") instead of glue if you want them to be movable.
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- Print out the template of choice.
- There is a choice between a large Elf (3 templates) or a small Elf (1 template). I prefer the large version, but it takes more paper and ink.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- To glue together:
- Glue the fringe to the bottom of the body.
- Glue the legs under the fringe.
- Glue the candy-cane under one of the hands.
- Glue the arms so the shoulders line up with the top of the body piece.
- Glue the pointy collar under the chin.
- Glue the hat onto the head.
- Glue the head on the body.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Large Template (takes three pages):
Printable version of these instructions