crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
This is a simple reindeer craft that even the youngest Christmas enthusiasts can make. You can hang it on the tree as an ornament or attach it to a ribbon on a gift as a special decoration.
- 3 popsicle sticks
- 2 wiggle eyes (or white stickers)
- 1 small red pom pom (or red sticker)
- craft tacky glue or white school glue
- if doing this with a large group of children, you will want to make a sample for them to see or draw out how the popsicle sticks will look on a white board.
- Optional: Before you start assembling, you could have the children paint the popsicle sticks brown or color them brown with marker. If you opt to paint, you'll need to let them dry before you start gluing it all together.
- Glue the first two popsicle sticks in a V shape.
- Glue the third popsicle stick to close the V and make a triangle, but do this about an inch down from the top so the tops of the V stick up (like antlers) and the sides of the third popsicle stick stick out (like ears). See photo at the top of this page.
- Glue wiggly eyes onto either side of the V just under the third popsicle sticks (or stick on white stickers and color in a bit of black eyeball).
- Glue a small red pom pom to the very tip of the V for the nose. (or stick on a red sticker).
- Let dry.
- Optional: Tie a piece of ribbon, wool or string to hang from the tree.