DLTK's Chrismas for Kids
Reindeer Candy Cane
This is a cute reindeer craft that you can hang on the tree as an ornament
or attach to a gift as a special decoration. This is a great project
for an older sibling (9 thru 13) to make for their little brother or sister
The project requires use of a hot glue gun (a low temp craft version
works great). Children should be supervised one on one by an adult
while using the glue gun.
- candy cane
- red or brown pipecleaner
- small wiggle eyes
- small red beads
- red ribbon.
- hot glue gun
you could try using regular white glue, but
it would be a real challenge to get everything to stay stuck on.
- fold the pipe cleaner in half and twist it around the top of the candy cane
- Bend some zig zags in both sides of the pipe cleaner to make it look more
like an antler.
- Put a dot of hot glue where the pipe cleaner touches the candy cane to hold
it in place.
- Hot glue the red bead to the tip of the candy cane.
- Hot glue the wiggly eyes just under the antlers.
- tie a piece of red ribbon in a bow around the long part of the candy cane
about half way up. Again you could put a dab of hot glue to hold the ribbon
Printable version of these instructions