crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Holiday Crafts
Santa Claus Baby Food Jar Craft
This Santa Claus baby food jar craft is fun to make and has practical uses (as a candy or coin holder).
- baby food jar (clean)
- red construction paper,
- cotton balls or cotton stuffing
- wiggly eyes or home-made paper eyes
- Cut a circle out of red construction paper about twice the size of the baby food jar (it doesn't need to be exact).
- Put a dot in the center of the circle and cut a slit from one edge right to the dot
- Overlap the edges of the slit to form a cone.
- Hold the cone over the baby food jar and adjust it until it just fits over the lid.
- Put a small amount of tape or glue to hold (we found tape easier).
- Take cotton balls (or cotton stuffing for pillows) and stretch the cotton out to make a long strip.
- Glue the strip to the bottom of the cone.
- Glue a small cotton ball circle to the top of the cone.
- Loosen the lid of the baby food jar, but don't remove it.
- Put glue on the lid of the baby food jar.
- Set the cone on top. Press lightly to set in the glue.
- Put glue on the jar in a U-shape.
- Put cotton onto the U-shape (beard and hair.
- Cut a little construction paper nose and mouth (the nose can either be red or black) and glue onto the jar.
- Glue on wiggly eyes (or make paper eyes with white paper and a marker).
- Fill with coins or candy (it makes a great gift for daddies when filled with Red and Green Smarties!!)