DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This Christmas tree paper
craft provides a good opportunity to practice shapes.
Christmas Tree Shapes Craft
- Point out the different shapes
used (circle, rectangle, diamond, triangle, star).
- Count the sides of the different
- Sort the 4 triangles from largest
The craft is made with
a printer, a piece of paper, some crayons, scissors, and glue. .
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and
cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the triangles together
to form a tree from largest (base) to smallest (top).
- Glue the rectangle trunk onto
- "Decorate" as a Christmas Tree
with star, diamonds and circles.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if
you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in
altERNATE DECORATING IDEAS:
- Copy template onto Fun Foam
or Felt for a more permanent tree. Poke a hole in the top to make
a christmas tree ornament.
- Cut out wallet sized picture
of child and paste in center of tree. If you used paper to make the
tree, you can put clear contact paper/mactac over top and bottom to make
it sturdier. If you used fun foam or felt you don't need to.
Poke a hole in the top to make a Christmas Tree Ornament that is a great
gift for Grandparents! (You can use marker to mark the year on the
- Colour in the tree decorations
(star, diamonds and circles) with glitter glue or sparkles.
Printable version of these instructions