crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Christmas Tree Craft
There are two variations on this craft depending on which templates you print and how messy you want to get. You can either:
- Print the Bells and Holly and decorate a "homemade" trunk
(to make the trunk, trace your child's arm from the elbow up,
including the fingers).
- Print the Trunk and the Bells and Holly and paste them together.
If you want a very well covered tree, print two copies of the
Bells and Holly template.
- something to colour with,
- You will also need finger paint if you choose the first option.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using
different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or pastels).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
Don't worry too much about getting the tree branches cut out perfectly.
- Glue the bells and holly all over the tree to decorate.
- You can glue the entire tree to a decorated background (blue construction
paper, with green tissue paper for grass and white cotton balls for
clouds works very nicely!).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).