Inspired by the recent Hunter's moon and all the moons around us, here are some spooky fall scenes to spend some time pumpkin carving--just in time for Halloween!
See our pumpkin carving section for how-to instructions and more patterns.
- a pumpkin
- pumpkin carving kit or a long, thin knife
- a pen
- printer and paper (optional)
- hammer and nail(s) for small DIY stars (optional)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Mountain Pattern (B&W)
Mountain and Moon Pattern (B&W)
Mountain Scene (B&W)
Moon Scene (B&W)
Special Instructions for the moon scene:
- first, cut the darker shaded portion out and clean the lines completely *before* moving to the next step;
- then, shave the outer ring so that a faint light gets through and so that the moon's craters are framed by the glowing ring of "moonlight" that is still attached to the pumpkin.
Spooky Tree Scene (B&W)
Moon Pumpkin Patterns - you can make this with any age, but older children can do this relatively unsupervised!