These match crosses are so fun to make, and are perfect for Easter! I have also made some as Christmas presents for my grandparents. You can put the matches in any design you like, but this way is my favourite! :)
- burnt matches (around 200) *please get your parents or guardians to burn the matches for this craft! Be safe!*
- white glue
- glitter (optional)
- Cut out the cross stencil and use it to trace the shape on cardboard (I used a cereal box but any sort of thin cardboard will work). Cut out the shape in the cardboard to give you the base of the cross.
- Position matches on the cardboard diagonally from the centre line to the corners of the cross shape. Glue them to the cardboard.
- Next, place four more matches in a cross formation starting in the centre as well.
- Start placing matches beside those matches glued in the previous step until there is no more room to fill.
- Continue doing this for the three other sides of the cross. Begin creating one more row on the bottom section; start by glueing one match in the centre.
- Repeat the same process on the bottom of the cross until there is no more cardboard showing
- Then you're finished! Add some glitter for a finishing touch...
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).