This is a very fun Easter themed wreath craft using water color paint. Kids can express their creativty with the Easter Egg shapes and a paper plate. This craft is a colorful, decorative way to celebrate easter.
- white paper (water color paint warps paper, so the thicker the paper the better; special water color paper works the best but printer paper would be okay too),
- a paper plate
- water color paint,
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Create the easter eggs to cover the wreath using the printer paper template:
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be.
- Paint the easter eggs using different Water Color Painting Techniques. This is where children can show their creativity! (Beware, the printer ink may run with the water color ink.)
- Create the easter eggs to cover the wreath using traced water color paper:
- Paint water color paper with different Water Color Painting Techniques. Don't worry about painting in lines, you will cut the paper into eggs later.
- Make a template of the easter egg by freehand or print out one of the templates and use one of the eggs as a template.
- Trace the egg onto the back of the water color paper as many times as you can fit the shape.
- Cut out the template pieces, either from the printer paper templates or the traced water color paper. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your child).
- Glue your easter eggs to completely cover your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child paint and cut out one or two eggs, possibly print their names on it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).