Paper strip crafts are so much fun! They are great for practicing scissor and pattern skills. This pumpkin craft is great for a halloween or autumn theme. It can make a cute craft to celebrate the spooky season and a great decoration!
- colourful construction paper (orange, black, green, brown),
- Optional: one more sheet of colourful construction paper (your choice)
- Optional: green pipe cleaner
- Print out the template.
- Cut out the stem and leaf and put them to the side. You will use these a tracing templates later on.
- Cut paper strips out of orange and black construction paper.
- Flip the pumpkin template backwards so that you are gluing paper strips onto the back of the paper.
- In a pattern or whatever order you'd like glue the colourful strips along the back of the pumpkin template.
- Flip the template back over and cut out the pumpkin.
- Trace the leaf on a green piece of paper and cut it out. Trace the stem on a brown piece of paper and cut it out as well.
- Glue the stem and the leaf onto the pumpkin.
- OPTIONAL: You can leave it at that or you can glue the pumpkin onto a piece of paper as a background.
- OPTIONAL: Make a vine for your pumpking by twisting a green pipe cleaner around a pencil and glue one end to the leaf on the pumpkin.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Pumpkin Template (B&W)