Halloween is a very fun and spooky time that deserves some equally fun and spooky crafts! This cauldron craft is especially neat because it changes colour! You can let your creativity shine with how you decorate the top plate and also with all of the different colours you use on the bottom plate. Once you are done with the craft you can turn the bottom plate around and watch the colours in the cauldron's potion change!
- a variety of colourful paints and paintbrushes (use your imagination and your favourite colours).
- two paper plates,
- brass paper fastener,
- Print out the template of choice. There is an easier template with larger pieces to cut out and a more difficult template with smaller pieces to cut out.
- Cut out the pieces.
- Trace the cauldron and the floating steam/bubbles onto one of the paper plates.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the potion part of the cauldron and the floating steam/bubbles are on one half of the paper plate. Those pieces will be cut out later and can't be in the very center of the paper plate, otherwise the two plates won't be able to be attached with the brass fastener.
- Cut out the potion part of the cauldron and the floating steam and bubbles.
- Paint the top of the paper plate.
- I painted my cauldron black like a witches cauldron.
- You can also choose to decorate the background of the paper plate if you want.
- Paint the bottom of the second paper plate in any way you want. You can get as creative as you want with this part and try some different painting techiques like finger painting and splatter painting!
- Layer the paper plate so that the cauldron paper plate is on top of the colourful paper plate (with the bottoms up) so that you can see colours through the cut out potion part of the cauldron and steam/bubbles.
- Connect the two paper plates by sticking a brass paper fastener through the center and folding the two ends over.
- Now you can spin the bottom paper plate and as you spin it the colours of the cauldron's potion will change colours!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Easy Template (B&W)
Difficult Template (B&W)